Sunday, January 3, 2010

Audio Book Reading Challenge (2010)

I am new to book blogging (see yesterday's very first post!) and therefore new to challenges. As I've been reading other's book blogs in this great blogosphere of ours I saw what fun others were having trying to complete these challenges and what a sense of accomplishment they had when they did.

So, with great excitement- and I'll admit, a little anxiety, I signed up for my very first challenge. I love making lists, and setting goals. My problem is completing them. I start out all gung-ho, ready to conquer the world and then life always seems to get in the way.

Take this challenge for instance. I normally only "read" 2-3 audiobooks a year, but I signed up for the Addicted- 12 book level. What? Am I nuts and setting myself up to fail?

Here is my reasoning behind the level I chose. In the last month I have been entering giveaway after giveaway hoping to win some newer material to read. Most of the books on my bookshelves came from book sales and rummage sales after much prior use. I have won 4 audiobooks in these giveaways (thank you generous souls!) so if I just get them read I will be a third of the way to my goal!

Wanting to get a jumpstart on the challenge before I receive these I decided to stop off at my local library and check a few out. I am currently halfway through Pride & Prejudice and Zombies and loving it.

I am determined to complete this first of my challenges. Please give me your support and cheer me on!

**Thanks to Royal Reviews for hosting this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment