Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge

When my kids were younger and had a voracious appetite for the printed word I was a weekly visitor to my local library. Now...not so much.

Don't get me wrong, our library has a wealth of resources to choose from: books, books in a bag for book clubs (which our book club has used), audiobooks, and even a new format that comes on a preprogrammed MP3 player type of device. My problem is not with what my library offers but with getting there.

I am a slightly busy employee, mom, Boy Scout volunteer, Bible study leader, blogger, etc. My lunch hours are spent running errands and after work I head straight home to be there when my son gets off the bus. Saturdays I'm so relieved at not HAVING to go somewhere that I usually don't.

Books I read are off my overflowing bookshelf at home that I filled from book and garage sales. This year I decided I'm going to read more of those great books I have been reading about on other book blogs out there. To save money in doing this I will be visiting my local library more. Signing up for this challenge will be my push to make sure I do.

I will be signing up for the Mini- read 25 books level. I think that will be a great start. Thank you J. Kaye for hosting this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge. This is going to be a fun reading year.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My very first comment! How exciting! I'm looking forward to using the library more this year so it WILL be a fun reading year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete