Friday, May 27, 2011

Carpal Tunnel Got You Down?

I am going to be taking a little reading vacation. I am currently trying to get through The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. It's a good book, not fast moving by any means, but very interesting. The problem with the book is not its content, but its heft. I have the hardcover 369 page edition of this book and the weight is proving too much for me.

I am having a flare up of my carpal tunnel. Several years ago I was diagnosed with the syndrome and told I should prepare for surgery. Well, I hate doctors and I hate medical bills even more so I've kinda been putting it off...for 11 years. Most of the time I do okay, but when it flares up I can't hold a book for more than 15 minutes before my hands go numb and sleep is pretty much non-existent until the braces I wear at night start doing the trick again. So for a few weeks I will have no more reviews to post. maybe now is a good time to get back into audio books?

What do you think? Is it time for me to bite the bullet? Have you had the surgery? How long does it take to heal and was it really worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment