Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Confessional April 10,2011



I confess. I love a good thunderstorm. And while a violent, windy, booming thunder and cracking lightning type of storm may strike fear in the hearts of some- I relish them. So when I heard one was in the forecast for last night I got a little chill. I was excited.



At my home I have two covered decks where I can sit outside safe from the rain and the hail and watch as the rain pours down and the sky lights up around me. I can rock on my porch swing and feel the cool, damp air wrap its arms around me. I can safely enjoy watching God at work.



Last night, however, proved to be a disappointment. I was inside when I heard thunder rumble in the distance. A few minutes later I could hear the first drops of rain on my skylight. Ooooh, this is it, I thought. With ears perked I listened for more...(crickets chirping) and held my breath and waited...(silence.)



Last night's "storm" was a bit of a disappointment. But I will keep waiting. Another one can't be far behind this one. And as long as everyone's safe and the storm doesn't spawn a tornado I will keep enjoying them.



Your turn to confess. Do thunderstorms give you a thrill or do they strike chills down your spine?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you Angie - I like them too.... that is reading weather :)

    I was going to bed about the time it was starting to flash across the sky... I had to cover Elmo's head with a blanket as the thunder and lightning scares him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, We had a dog who would try to jump through the screen door when it thundered. She was terrified of them!

    ReplyDelete