Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Post in Which I Amend a Book Rating...

I am starting to realize it's not a good thing to write a review immediately after reading a book. Up until now that is what I have tried to do- write a review while it's still freshest in my mind. But I've come to the conclusion that like good chili, it's best if I let it simmer all day, bubbling around in my mind.







A week ago I wrote a review on Room by Emma Donoghue. I liked the book and I gave it a 3/5 star rating, but I fear I did it an injustice. Since reading the book I have not been able to quit thinking about it.










The longer I ruminate on Room the better I like it. It is a very thought provoking book. So thought provoking in fact that I decided to nominate it for our May book club read because I wanted to explore this novel with others and hear their opinions on it. Luckily it made it's way through the vote up against other great sounding reads so I will get the opportunity to hear what my fellow Bookies opinion of the book is.



My amended rating? I'm moving it from a 3 star book to a 4 star book. It didn't initially blow me away like a 5 star book needs to do, but it is definitely 4 star material.



I'm interested in your thoughts. Do you write posts on your books right away or do you let them brew for a while? And have you ever changed a rating either up or down on a book you've read or reviewed?

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this book at the moment and it is getting really good although i am still at the beginning i just don't want to put it down. Glad to hear it is worth a 4!

    ReplyDelete